Updates to Cloud Ninja Metering Block
After releasing the block a lot of new changes to the various technologies surfaced, and we decided to upgrade the block to incorporate these changes. Following is a list of updates we brought into the block with this release.
- Source code availability. You can find the first version of the block as a downloadable zip file on the” downloads” section. However we decided to publish the code directly on the Codeplex TFS. The latest version is now available on the “Source code” tab.
- Azure Storage API. Block is now using Storage Client Api 2.1.03
- Async/await. The block is utilizing async/await pattern as appropriate.
- HMAC. Updated and simplified HMAC implementation for the ODATA API operations
- ODATA. Moved ODATA service from WCF data services to Web API
- Data access. Removed EF dependency, using Dapper.net instead.
- Extended Dapper for async/await. The solution is dependent on an offline copy of the dapper framework, extended for async/await support.
- Azure SDK 2.2 support. Updated the cloud projects to use Azure SDK 2.2.
- Updated repository and client implementations. Updated the metering repository, data repository and their respective clients to provide a clean separation, with async/await support.
- Unity 3.0. upgrade.
- DDL. Stored procedure for upsert
- Updated entity classes. Refactored and streamlined after EF dependency removal
- Upgrade to Enterprise Library Transient Fault Handling block. Removed configuration and added code based setup.
- Updates on the client side to support new ODATA JSON output.